Thursday, April 21, 2011

Playlist

One of the most crucial parts of my workout routine is my iPod, one of the greatest inventions mankind has ever known. I pop my earphones on, turn on the tunes and for the next hour or so, I'm in my own little world.

I don't want to go all Rocky Balboa/"Gonna Fly Now" on anybody, but my music keeps me going. I put together a "Workout" playlist, and it's a rather eclectic mix of Christian contemporary, rock and praise music. Some songs hit home harder on certain days, but there are a few that are absolutely perfect no matter when they come up.

For instance:

"Praise You In This Storm" -- Casting Crowns

"Glorious Day" -- Casting Crowns

"There Will Be A Day" -- Jeremy Camp

"Grace Like Rain" -- Todd Agnew

"I Can Feel It" -- Third Day

"I Will Rise" -- Chris Tomlin

"Let It Rain" -- Michael W. Smith

"Lift Up Your Face" -- Third Day

"Live Again" -- Stryper

"Reborn" -- Stryper

"Strong Tower" -- Kutless

"Take My Life" -- Jeremy Camp

"Trust In Jesus" -- Third Day

"Untitled Hymn (Come To Jesus)" -- Chris Rice

"The Voice Of Truth" -- Casting Crowns

"Word Of God Speak" -- MercyMe

"You Raise Me Up" -- Selah

"10,000 Years" -- Stryper

If you've not already done so, an iPod is one of the very best investments you can make when taking those first few tentative steps toward losing weight. Play around with your playlists. Be creative. Download an audiobook or podcast.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment